Overview: x360Recover licensing
Welcome to the new licensing tools in x360Recover Manager!
This article will give you a brief history of our legacy licensing portal and introduce the new tools arriving in x360Recover Manager to
- manage licenses within x360Recover Manager
- manage clients within x360Recover Manage
- manage passwords within x360Recover Manager
Preview: EOL for x360Recover Legacy License Portal [26 min]
What's happening with the legacy license portal for x360Recover (formerly Replibit)?
In 2023, we announced the end of life for the legacy License Portal for x360Recover (formerly Replibit).
|This legacy license portal had been an integral part of the Axcient x360Recover system.
But based on feedback from you (and innovation from our developers), the retirement of this portal became necessary.
Your feedback told us there were too many portals that required your login (and this extra portal had frequently been confusing for new partners.)
It was time for a change.
In addition to consolidating 360Recover licensing tools into our x360Portal, we've added other new capabilities within x360Recover Manager, including new ways to manage client accounts, users, and passwords.
- Your vault must be v10.16.0 or higher
- You must have access to an x360Portal login
- You'll need administrator permissions in x360Recover Manager
Please note: If your vault/appliance is not on v10.16.0 or higher, your agents will not be able to contact the new licensing module. (This will result in backups failing.)
How will you be impacted?
- After the legacy license portal has been shut down on October 24, 2023, whenever you browse to the old site at https://licensing.replibit.com/, you'll be redirected to the x360Portal at https://partner.axcient.com/
- The redirect will be in place for a period of time. (Eventually the redirect will cease.)
- Going forward, you'll maintain your x360Recover licensing within x360Recover Manager (RMC) — which is accessible via the x360 Portal
What is the timeline for closing the legacy license portal?
We'll be targeting a 60-day notice of the legacy license portal shutdown. During that 60 days, you'll receive communications from us, with opportunities to learn more in webinars, knowledgebase articles, and in-app messaging.
How do I get help with these new licensing tools?
- Review the knowledgebase articles before contacting Support.
- If you've read the new knowledgebase articles and are still experiencing issues, schedule free, live, one-on-one training time.
- Open a ticket with Support if you have additional issues.
Curious about the new tools coming in x360Recover Manager?
Here are some details to get you started:
- Manage licenses in x360Recover Manager
- Manage client accounts in x360Recover Manager
- Manage users and passwords in x360Recover Manager
Review the webinar: EOL for x360Recover Legacy License Portal [26 min]
Manage licenses in x360Recover Manager
x360Recover licensing is now managed directly within x360Recover Manager.
STEP 1. To manage licenses for your x360Recover clients, log in to the x360Portal and launch the x360Recover tile, to access your accounts:
STEP 2. From the x360Recover dashboard, click Licenses in the left navigation:
The License page opens, and all current clients (with their license assignments) are displayed:
STEP 3. Click on any client to expand their record.
STEP 4. After you have opened the desired client, click Manage Licenses to edit license assignments.
You will notice that there are two types of licenses assigned:
- Endpoint licenses assign one license for each server or workstation to be protected
- Storage licenses assign a maximum amount of storage space that may be consumed by the protected systems on the appliance at the customer’s location.
Only an Organization Administrator or an Organization Manager can switch a client between endpoint licenses or storage licenses.
Organization users will not see either of these options and may only change the quantity assigned to the license.
More details: What are endpoint licenses?
Endpoint licenses assign one license for each server or workstation to be protected.
- Server licenses are for Windows Server or Linux systems
- Workstation licenses are for Windows desktop systems
Endpoint billing is based on the number of assigned licenses. Do not assign more licenses than you need. The number of licenses assigned should exactly match the number of servers and workstations being protected.
For example, this client has chosen endpoint licensing. The number of endpoint licenses allocated (15) matches the number of servers and workstations being protected:
Note: You cannot assign fewer licenses than the number of protected systems already present for the client.
Important: New protected systems cannot register if there are no licenses available of the correct type. (i.e., server licenses for Windows Server or Linux systems, or workstation licenses for Windows Desktop.)
Below is an example of the error message which appears when there are no available licenses:
The retention settings for endpoint licenses (on both the appliance and the vault) may be managed independently. You may set any values you like for either local or cloud retention.Delete
More details: What are storage licenses?
Storage licenses assign a maximum amount of storage space that may be consumed by the protected systems on the appliance at the customer’s location.
As long as the backed up data can fit within the assigned storage capacity on the appliance, storage licensing allows for an unlimited number of endpoints.
Storage licensing allows for storage capacity in the cloud on an Axcient hosted vault based on either a 3-year or 10-year retention limit.
- Vault retention values for storage licenses are fixed and cannot be edited. The retention settings are controlled by the retention period selected when assigning storage licensing. (This is either a 3-year or 10-year retention period.)
- Cloud retention values for storage licenses are fixed and cannot be edited. The retention settings are controlled by the retention period selected when assigning storage licensing. (This is either a 3-year or 10-year retention period.)
- Appliance retention values are not fixed and may be set to whatever value you like.