x360Recover Release Information
Targeted release starting Jan 18 2023
x360Recover 11.0.0 is a maintenance release focused on providing a stable environment for performing the upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic).
Summary of new features
- Eliminated all use of Upstart and migrated all services to SystemD
- Upgraded MongoDB to version 3.0
- Perform pre-fetch of all packages needed to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Disabled and removed all support for legacy v1.0 replication engine
- Removed legacy ganglia monitoring components
- Optimized frequent background tasks consuming high memory and CPU resources
- P2V enhancement: disable Hyper-V on guest when rendering machine for virtualization
Summary of bug fixes
- Fixed issue with orphaned in-use snapshots created by Cloud AutoVerify jobs
- Fixed issues with orphaned files belonging to mounted or iscsi exports after a reboot
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that you Enable Auto Update on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
This will ensure that your x360Recover devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the x360Recover Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248