These settings should be added to all Mac systems running the x360Sync agent.
NOTE. Eventually, all of these settings will be automatically added/verified during installation but as of February 2023, this article will walk you through how to add and check for these settings manually:
1. Open System Preferences.
2. Click Privacy & Security.
3. Scroll down to the Security section.
4. Click Open Anyway for the entry of: "Synced Tool" was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer.
5. Scroll and click Full Disk Access on the right.
6. Remove syncedtool and agent_service from here (if they are listed).
7. Add syncedtool and agent_service.*
- Make sure check marks appear next to both of these items.
* The agent_service is located in the following place on the Mac:
8. Click Network on the left.
9. Check to see if the firewall is Active or Inactive.
a. If Active, click Firewall.
b. Click Options.
c. In the popup window, review the list of apps and make sure that agent_service says Allow incoming connections. If it is not listed, you can add it using the + below the list.
At this point, you can either restart the machine or use the steps below to restart the agent process:
Restart the agent process
1. Open Activity Monitor
2. Click View from the title bar.
3. Select All Processes
4. Select agent_service
5. Click the X icon at the top of the application.
6. Click Force Quit.
NOTE: When this step is done, the item will not appear to close. Instead, it will automatically start back up. This is the desired activity, so please proceed to step 7.
7. Select agent_gui
8. Click the X icon at the top of the application.
9. Click Force Quit
10. Open Applications
11. Open the agent application.
Show hidden items
1. To show hidden items on Mac, open a finder window.
2. Then, if you are using a Mac keyboard, enter the following command:
Command + shift +.
If you are using a Windows keyboard, use the following command:
Windows key + shift + .
- If you need help configuring a non-English keyboard, please open a Support ticket.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance
1299 | 1417 | 1435