The vast majority of backup failures are caused by underlying problems with Microsoft Volume Shadowcopy Services (VSS).
Common VSS issues include:
- Not enough free space on the volume to take a snapshot
- VSS Writers in a broken or failed state
- Third-Party applications are interrupting VSS snapshot creation
- Other snapshot creation errors
If you experience a backup failure issue, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Open a ticket with Support at https://axcient.com/partner-support/. Note the ticket ID created.
- Download and run the x360Recover Analysis Tool on the affected protected system.
- Enter the ticket ID when requested. The x360Recover Analysis Tool will gather diagnostic information and perform a series of tests on the protected system, then upload the results into the ticket for examination by our support engineers.
If you experience a stalled replication to the vault, and it only affects one single appliance, simply reboot the appliance.
If recovery points have been delivered to the vault but are still waiting to be received, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Reboot the vault and wait one to two hours.
- If the recovery points are still waiting to be received, open a ticket with Support for assistance.
Issues with Boot VM Checks
There are many possible causes and symptoms related to Boot VM checks. If you are experiencing an issue with Boot VM testing, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Open a ticket with Support at https://axcient.com/partner-support/. Describe in detail the problem that you are experiencing and any troubleshooting steps already performed.
- Download and install our remote desktop sharing tool on the protected system. Your support engineer will likely require access to the live protected system for troubleshooting purposes.
For other issues or general assistance and support, please visit our knowledgebase or open a ticket with Support at https://axcient.com/partner-support/. To help us quickly resolve your issue, please ensure all required fields are filled out with sufficient detail, including:
- Enter a descriptive ticket title
- Complete all form fields with accurate information
- Populate the body of the ticket with a detailed description of the issue and any troubleshooting steps already performed
For more information on troubleshooting additional x360Recover issues, please reference the following Knowledgebase section on Troubleshooting.