Bare metal restore (BMR) is the process of recovering an entire protected system image to a new device, either physical or virtual.
Need more information about performing a bare metal restore with Axcient's x360Recover?
The Axcient x360Recover Bare Metal Restore utility is a Linux Live CD for performing system recovery, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and general digital forensics.
The x360Recover Bare Metal Restore utility supports both legacy MBR and modern UEFI system architecture and contains:
- A wizard to help you recover protected systems from an x360Recover appliance or vault, directly back onto your replacement hardware. Protected systems may be recovered onto either physical or virtual machine hardware.
- Driver Injector which helps inject critical device drivers into an offline Windows operating system to allow it to boot properly after it has been recovered to dissimilar hardware.
Also included in the x360Recover Bare Metal Restore utility are tools for:
- disk partition recovery and editing
- file system repair
- antivirus scanning
- offline Windows registry editing
- disk cloning and imaging
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance