The information in this article is only necessary if you are deploying x360Recover on your own hardware.
If you are deploying an Axcient x360Recover BDR appliance, the device will arrive pre-loaded with x360Recover and already configured for your customer location.
NOTE: The x360Recover appliance and vault use the same ISO image for installation. The procedures are exactly the same for installing any of x360Recover ’s main components. You will assign the device to a particular role during the "Setup & Configuration" stage, which is performed after installing the base operating system.
x360Recover pre-Installation information and tasks
- x360Recover is a hardened Linux appliance based on Ubuntu. You do not need to know Linux in order to run and operate x360Recover software, as all management and operations are performed from within the Web Management interface. However, a basic understanding of Linux, and common Linux shell commands can be useful when troubleshooting and maintaining the product. See our Linux primer here:
- x360Recover automatically updates all of the software and agents so you do not have to worry about managing the underlying operating system; additionally, the Axcient support team is available to assist you whenever necessary. Review the Using the Linux Shell article for instructions on accessing our simplified Linux command line environment.
- Prior to your first deployment of x360Recover , please review x360Recover Best Practices. This should answer many of the questions you may have during your installation process, and provide you with an understanding of best practices to use when deploying the product.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.