When you boot the Bare Metal Recovery ISO, the default system keyboard is set to English (US).
Users outside of the United States may want to change the default keyboard setting within the environment.
To change the default keyboard:
1. Locate the keyboard icon. (It will be near the clock in the system tray.)
2. Right click the keyboard icon and then click Configure to continue.3. When the Input Method Configuration window opens, click the + button at the bottom:
4. Search for your desired keyboard.
For this example, we'll choose Keyboard-Italian-Italian (Windows)
Click to select the desired keyboard then click OK to save
5. Click the ^(up) button repeatedly in the Input Method Configuration window to move the desired keyboard to the top.
Using this method will successfully set the default keyboard on the system.
You can see this configuration change reflected in the Keyboard and Mouse Settings panel.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not set the default keyboard directly within the ‘Keyboard and Mouse Settings’ control panel. Changes will not be saved using the ‘Keyboard and Mouse Settings’ control panel. Please follow the steps outlined above to make changes to the default keyboard.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance