Occasionally, a backup job will become stuck or appear to be hung up and not making any progress.
Usually, this is the result of the appliance becoming out of sync with the agent as to the status of the most recent backup job.
The following steps can be used to force the appliance to fail the stuck job and proceed on to the next backup attempt.
To stop a running backup job
1. Remote on to the protected system.
2. Stop the x360Recover agent service.
3. If present, delete any files named snapshot*.* in the agent installation directory,
4. Delete the shadow copies:
a) Open a command prompt or power shell
b) CD to the agent folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Replibit)
c) Depending on which agent version you have installed, identify the correct vshadow-/efsvss- snapshot utility for your operating system.
For example: efsvss-2008-r2-x64.exe is used for agent builds on Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer
d) Run the snapshot utility with ‘-da’ to delete all snapshots
For example: efsvss-2008-r2.exe -da
e) Now, start the x360Recover agent service.
Once the agent service has restarted:
- The backup job will resume and then fail due to the mismatched snapshot ids.
- Wait for the next backup cycle or select Schedule Now from the protected system Details page, to begin a new backup attempt.