Welcome to Axcient's Direct-to-Cloud (D2C)
Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) provides you with the same full-featured, image-based backups of traditional x360Recover, but without the expense of deploying or managing a local appliance.
This Quick Start Guide is designed to get you up and running quickly and efficiently.
STEP 1. Log in to a vault via Single Sign On (SSO)Delete
STEP 2. Download and install the agent
|2a. Download the client-specific file|
STEP 1. Open the desired vault (if you have not already done so)
To open a specific vault, log in to the x360Portal and launch x360Recover from the Dashboard. Then, click the Vaults tab and then select the desired vault.
Click the Vault GUI button to log into that vault directly.
Now that you are logged into the correct vault, click the desired Clients tab.
Don't see the client you want?
You can add a new client here.To add a new D2C client from the vault:
STEP 2. Now that you have all of the desired clients in your list , locate the appropriate client and click the accompanying Download link.
Notes: The installation file downloaded from this page contains a temporary token and identifying information embedded in the filename.
- This file is specific to this client.
- This client-specific installation file is valid for 14 days from the time of download. Installing from an expired agent installer file will fail and register invalid token errors within the log file.
IMPORTANT: We recommend that you install only one protected system for each Direct-to-Cloud client. Do not use the D2C installer to create multiple end points.|
STEP 2. Click the installation file to initiate the installation process.
When the Setup Wizard opens, click Next to continue.
STEP 3. After reading the agreement on the End-User License Agreement screen, select I accept the agreement.
Click Next to continue.
STEP 4. On the Destination Folder screen, accept the default installation folder.
Click Next to continue.
STEP 5. On the Configuration Information screen, take the following actions:
- Leave the Appliance IP field empty. (This field may appear grayed out since an appliance is not needed for D2C.)
- You can choose to add an optional lock password here. If you chose to enter an optional lock password, the vault will prompt you for this before you begin a system recovery. If you chose to add an optional lock password, we recommend using a unique setting, to enhance security.
- Enter the desired setting for the Volumes to back up field
- Click Next to continue.
STEP 6. When you are ready, click the Install button to begin installation.
STEP 7. When installation completes, click Finish to exit.
STEP 8. After several minutes, the vault web interface will display the newly protected system in the Protected Systems tab.
A full backup will automatically initiate based on your backup policies and schedule settings.
Continue to STEP 3 (below) to create a D2C backup policy (schedule)Delete
STEP 3. Create a D2C backup policy (schedule)When the agent is installed on a protected system, you can create a backup policy (schedule) and apply that backup policy to a protected system.
All backup policies are created and maintained within the vault.
To create a backup policy:
1. Log in to the vault.
2. In the left-hand navigation menu, click the Backup Policies tab.
3. In the Backup Policies page, click the Add Policy button.
4. In the Create Schedule page, enter information about the new backup policy:
Click the Save button when you are finished. The backup policy is now created and will be listed in the Backup Policies page. You can manage and edit schedules in the Backup Policies page.Delete
Other activities you may want to try:
Manually trigger a backup
To manually trigger a backup:
- Log in to the x360Portal and launch x360Recover from the Dashboard.
- Click on the Clients tab.
- Select the desired protected system.
- On the Protected System Details page, click Schedule now.
When the Select Backup Type popup opens, chose the desired backup type and click Schedule to begin.
Set up reportsYou can create reports to monitor usage and download those reports in CSV format.
- Usage Summary shows service and usage information
- Private Vault Summary provides details of a specific Private Cloud vault.
- Cloud Vault Summary details a specific Axcient Cloud vault.
Troubleshoot D2C agent errors
If you experience registration issues, please check the following:
- Network connectivity—The agent must be able to communicate with the vault. If networking errors or other issues interfere with this communication process, the agent will not successfully register with the vault.
- Previous installations—The Direct-to-Cloud agent cannot currently be installed over an existing agent. If an agent has been previously installed, it must be uninstalled. You must also delete the existing agent folder (typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Replibit). Failure to remove the previous agent files will prevent the Direct-to-Cloud agent from registering with the vault.
- Detailed information on firewall ports (inbound)
- Detailed information on firewall ports (outbound)
The agent needs to communicate outbound on the internet to the vault on the following ports: 443, 9079, 9082, and 9090.
Direct-to-Cloud agents require several ports to be open for outbound internet connections between the protected system and the cloud vault:
TCP 443 (Https/TLS)
TCP 9079 (Thrift/TLS - Endpoint Manager)
TCP 9082 (Thrift/TLS – Cloudserver)
TCP 9090 (Thrift/TLS – Backup Manager)
Note: On Axcient-hosted vaults with Scale-Out Cloud, the Cloud server service is located directly on a storage node in our data center. Storage nodes are assigned dynamically, at the time of protected system registration.
If you must secure outbound traffic explicitly for protected systems, you can locate the assigned storage node URL in aristos.log for each protected endpoint.
Important: Storage node locations within our data center are subject to change without notification.Delete
Last updated: January 2022
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance
1024 | 1064 | 1171