What is the x360Sync Thin Client?
Before Thin Client, x360Sync kept a local copy of your files in sync with the cloud. Users chose which files to store locally through selective sync, and which to keep cloud-only.
However, as data and file counts grow, the storage footprint to keep that data synced locally also grows – consuming an increasingly large amount of local storage. Meanwhile, user devices are shrinking in size and storage capacity for better mobility and battery uptime.
Clients want the ability to access all of their files locally, without needing to fully download them onto a device selectively.
Using the x360Sync Thin Client, end users can access their files, folders, and shared content from a multitude of end points, including the web portal, a mobile device, or their desktop client.
Now, in addition to using the classic desktop client, users can manage local files and folders with the x360Sync Thin Client.
How to use the x360Sync Thin Client
By default, the Thin Client helps you conserve local storage resources by only storing files and folders in the cloud. Files and folders will still display in your local Synced Folder to help you visually monitor and manage your content.
If you need to edit cloud content without an internet connection, you can simply mark content as Pinned. Your file will quickly download and become available for offline use. If you no longer need offline access to your content, we recommend that you mark the file or folder as Unpinned for improved storage management.
How to download the Thin Client
When you download and install the Thin Client, you can access your files and folders directly on your computer (local machine).
To download the Thin Client on a Windows machine:
1. Click the Download button in the Web Portal.
The Download page displays.
2. In the Download page, select the Thin Client button. The selected file will start to download, or you will be prompted to save the file, depending on your browser type.
3. When the file finishes downloading, click the installation file to launch the Setup Wizard.
4. Select your language and click the OK button to continue.
5. Click the Next button to start the Setup Wizard.
6. In the License Agreement screen, click the I accept the agreement radio button if you accept the license.
Then, click the Next button to continue.
7. In the Installation Directory screen, select the location where you want the installation files to reside on your local machine. In most instances, you can accept the default location.
Alternatively, manually input a new directory or click the Folder icon to select a new directory on your local machine.
Click the Next button to continue.
8. In the Ready to Install screen, click the Next button to begin the installation process.
9. When the Setup Wizard completes, you can optionally click the Create a Desktop Shortcut checkbox.
Then, click the Finish button.
Note: You must restart your computer to complete the installation process.
Now that you have installed the Thin Client, you need to register, so your files will be connected properly.
How to register the Thin Client
After the Thin Client is installed, it must be registered to your user account so that it can recognize the files and folders that belong to you.
To register the Thin Client on a Windows machine:
1. After the Setup Wizard completes, the Registration Wizard will automatically launch.
Alternatively, click the icon on your computer’s system tray or menu bar and select Register.
2. In the Registration screen, enter your login credentials as provided by your administrator.
Click the Next button to continue.
a. If Two-Step Authentication has been enabled for your organization or for your user account, you will also be prompted to enter an authentication code at the time of initial registration.
b. After you receive your authentication code, enter the code and press the Next button.
3. In the Select Destination of Synced Tool Folder screen, select either a default or customized destination for Synced Folder. This is where all files, folders, and team shares can be accessed on your local machine.
- In most instances, you can select Default, and you will be able to access Synced Folder in the following location:
C:\Users\[User Name]\Synced Folder
- If you chose the Select destination radio button, you will be prompted to choose your preferred folder location. In the Select Destination screen, click the Browse button to specify another location on your local machine. Click the Next button when you are finished.
- In some cases, if you have previously installed using the same settings, you will receive a warning message indicating that a folder already exists. Click the Merge button to merge with the existing folder, and then continue with the Registration Wizard.
4. Click the Finish button when the Registration Wizard completes.
Now that you have successfully installed and registered your Thin Client, it's time to sync your files and folders.
Additional Thin Client instructions
CUSTOMER SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.