How to buy an appliance from Axcient
1. From the License Management left pane menu, click Order BDR.
The Order BDR window displays.
2. In the Order BDR window, use the Product Type drop-down menu to select the device you want to order. For example, you can select from Nano Units, Mini Units, Pro Units, or Rack Units. Additionally, Upgrade Kits and Spare Parts Kits are also available for purchase from this menu. Spare Parts Kits are only available for Mini-Gen2 and Rack-Gen2 Appliances; Upgrade Kits are only available for the Pro and Rack units.
3. Click the Next button when you finish making your selection.
4. In the Select a Buy Now or Leasing Option window, you can choose to purchase the device up front or lease the device for a monthly fee. If you choose to lease, you will also be prompted to agree to the Leasing Terms and Conditions.
5. Click the Next button to continue.
6. In the Warranty window, use the Warranty drop-down menu to select either the default 3-year warranty or the extended 4-year warranty or 5-year warranty at the additional cost displayed in the menu. An extended warranty must be purchased at the same time that you purchase your BDR Appliance. If you are leasing the BDR Appliance, you can only select the 3-year warranty option.
7. Click the Next button to continue.
8. In the Provisioning window, use the Select a Configuration field to select either the Default Configuration or Advanced Configuration option.
Before making your selection, consider the following:
a. The Default Configuration option (also referred to as the Non-Configured BDR Appliance) is the quickest, easiest, and least expensive way to order a BDR Appliance. With this option, you will receive the BDR first and then set up customer-specific configurations such as Network settings and authentication credentials.
b. The Advanced Configuration option (also referred to as the Preconfigured BDR Appliance) allows you to preconfigured customer-specific details, such as Network settings and authentication credentials. If you choose this method, you will need to remember your passwords between the time of ordering and receiving the BDR Appliance at the customer Location site (Axcient does not store these passwords for recovery).
9. If you selected the Default Configuration option, click the Next button to continue.
Alternatively, if you selected the Advanced Configuration option, you will be prompted to enter additional information.
- In the Device Type area, select whether your device should be configured as an Appliance or Vault. In most instances, you will select Appliance.
- In the Timezone drop-down menu, select the timezone where the unit will be deployed.
- In the Hostname field, enter the hostname for the unit. We recommend using a customer-centric name for your BDR device to simplify remote management identification of the unit (for example, MycustomerBDR).
- In the Network Configuration area, select either DHCP or Static. If you select Static, you will be prompted to enter a Static IP address, Netmask, Default Gateway, and DNS Server information. You can configure up to two DNS servers. Separate the two DNS server entries with a comma.
- In the IPMI Configuration area, select either DHCP or Static. If you select Static, you will be prompted to enter a Static IP address, Netmask, Default Gateway, and DNA Server information. When entering DNS Server information, we recommend using public DNS servers, as the local DNS host will likely be down in the event of a disaster. You can configure up to two DNS servers. Separate the two DNS server entries with a comma. Only Pro and Rack models offer support for IPMI.
- In the Root Password fields, configure a password for the root user. The root user is the Linux operating system super user, which is equivalent to an administrator on a Windows system. The password for the root user must be extra secure to avoid outside security threats to the appliance. The root user password must be at least 10 characters long and contain at least one uppercase, one lowercase, one numeric, and 1 special (!@#$%^&*) character.
- In the Password fields, configure a password for the user, which is a limited access Linux shell account that can be used to perform simple configuration tasks. Although this user has limited access rights, it should still be given a relatively strong password, as the account can reset the Web GUI admin password. This password must be at least 8 characters long.
- In the Admin Password fields, configure a password for the admin Web GUI user, which is used to log into the Web Management interface. This is the account that you will use most often. It provides access to all features and services of the backup software. This password should be relatively strong to prevent unauthorized access to the Protected System. This password must be at least 8 characters long.
- In the Global Management Portal fields, you can optionally configure settings for the Global Management Portal. This portal is a separately deployed device that enables remote management and reporting of all your Appliances and Vaults.
NOTE: Although optional, we recommend entering the FQDN or IP address of your Global Management Portal, the user account, and API Key (obtained from the Global Management Portal Users tab.) If configured here, the BDR Appliance will register itself with your Global Management Portal and will be remotely accessible when your customer connects the device.
10. Click the Next button to continue.
11. In the customer and Location window, assign a customer and Location for the device:
- In the customer field, select the appropriate customer from the drop-down menu.
- In the Location field, select a Location from the drop-down menu where you want to deploy this Appliance. If necessary, you can create a new customer account or add a new Location to an existing customer by selecting Add customer or Add Location.
- Click the Next button to continue.
12. In the License window, select the Licensing Type that you would like to assign to this Appliance. Because billing begins at the moment licenses are assigned, we recommend that you do not assign any licenses to your BDR until after it has arrived and you are ready to deploy it at a customer site.
13. Click the Next button to continue.
14. In the Shipping Information field, enter shipping information where the device will be delivered. You can enter your own business address or ship directly to your customer site.
15. Click the Next button to continue.
16. In the Shipping Method window, use the Shipping Method drop-down menu to select your preferred shipping method.
17. Click the Next button to continue.
18. In the Billing Contact window, enter billing contact information. When the BDR unit ships, an email confirmation notification will be delivered to the billing contact containing the shipment tracking number.
19. Click the Next button to continue.
20. In the Order Review window, verify that everything is correct. To make changes, click the Back button to return to the appropriate page.
21. When you are satisfied that your order is correct, click the Place Your Order button.
How to lease an appliance from Axcient
You now have the choice to lease your Axcient x360Recover BDR hardware from us. Of course, you can also continue to purchase your BDR hardware from us or build your own (BYOD) devices.
You'll make a choice between Buy Now or Lease during the purchase process, allowing you to choose the payment terms that best meet your business needs. Leasing is amortized on a 36-month term basis.
Step-by-step instructions to lease Axcient x360Recover BDR hardware
1. Log in to the portal at https://licensing.x360Recover.com/
(New partners need to complete a short training session on how to use the Licensing Portal prior to receiving login credentials. Please contact your Axcient sales representative to schedule your session which will enable you to obtain your credentials. After you complete your training and receive your login credentials, you can access the x360Recover Licensing Portal from any web browser.)
2. From the x360Recover License Management left pane menu, click Order BDR. The Order BDR window displays.
3. In the Hardware window, use the Product Type drop-down menu to select the type of device you wish to order. For example, you can select from Nano Units, Mini Units, Pro Units, or Rack Units.
Additionally, Upgrade Kits and Spare Parts Kits are also available for purchase from this menu. Note: Spare Parts Kits are available for all units; Upgrade Kits are only available for the Pro and Rack units.
4. Click the Next button when you finish making your selection.
5. In the Select a Buy Now or Leasing Option window, you can choose to purchase the device with one payment now or lease the device for a monthly fee.
Note: If you choose to lease, you will then be prompted to agree to the Leasing Terms and Conditions.
6. Click the Next button to continue.
Standard and extended warranties
- If you choose to lease your Axcient x360Recover Appliance from us, a three-year warranty is included at no charge. (Additional extended warranties beyond the three year period are not available on leased equipment.)
- If you purchase your Axcient x360Recover appliance from us, a three-year warranty is included at no charge.
- Additionally, if you purchase your Axcient x360Recover appliance from us, extended warranties, for either four or five year periods, are available at the time of purchase, for the displayed prices.
Note: You must buy these extended warranties at the time you purchase your hardware. You cannot buy these extended warranties after the initial purchase of this hardware.
End of lease options
At the end of the lease period, if you are not in default, you will have the option to:
(a) return the equipment to us in accordance with the terms and conditions of your agreement or
(b) purchase all of the equipment (on written notice to us given at least 60 days prior to the end of the lease term) for a purchase price equal to the monthly rental payment multiplied by three (plus all applicable taxes). Upon payment of such option purchase price and applicable taxes, we will transfer the title to the equipment to you as-is.
Note: If you fail to exercise the purchase option, you must return the equipment to us in accordance with the terms of your lease agreement.
If you have additional questions about leasing an Axcient x360Recover appliance, please contact your account representative.