NOTE: Preload drives can only be requested for shipment within the United States.
If you are outside of the US (Canada, EMEA), please refer to How to preload your data outside of the US:
How to request a preload (seed) drive
1. Log into the Axcient Backup Portal.
2. After you are logged in, select the Request a Preload Drive link:
3. The Request a Preload (Seed) Drive Form will display.
Complete this form to make the desired selections for your preload drive, including the drive size, the type of preload data, and shipping information.
Step-by-step instructions to complete this form are below:
Steps to complete the online "Request a Preload (Seed) Drive" form
STEP 1. Under the Drive Size drop-down list, select your desired drive size.
STEP 2. Under the Type of preload data drop-down list, select your data type.
- If you use generic backup software, you will enter the Target Host Name
- If you use Axcient's file level backup, you will enter your Axcient Account Number(s).
- For Acronis Cloud, you will enter the Cloud node name and the password to unlock the Seed-Vault.
- For AppAssure Cloud, you will enter the Target core name.
- For Veeam Cloud, you will enter the Veeam Target Host Name and the Veeam Tenant.
- For Replibit Cloud, you will enter the Replibit Cloud Host Name.
- For ShadowProtect Bundled, you will select the Axcient Account(s)
- For ShadowProtect Cloud, you will select the Axcient Account(s)
STEP 3. Enter your contact information and the location details describing where the drive should be shipped.
NOTE: The email address you enter here will be used to send tracking updates on the status of the shipment.
STEP 4. In the Shipping Method drop-down list, select your preferred shipping method.
- Ground Round Trip Shipping (free) is included at no additional charge. Choosing this free shipping method means we will dispatch a drive to the address you have provided via UPS ground and we will include an additional ground shipping label for you to use to return the drive to us.
- Two-Day Round Trip shipping is available for a $100 fee.
- Overnight Round Trip Shipping includes overnight air transit of the drive. If you select the Overnight shipment method, a $200 charge will be added to your monthly invoice.
When you have selected your preferred shipping method, click Review Order to verify your order.
STEP 5. Review your request carefully.
Verify the information you have entered is complete and correct.
Then, select the Confirm Request button at the bottom of the form to submit your request.
Costs for preload drives (Dec 2023)
While we have a wide range of sizes available, the legacy portal only supports 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, 12TB, and 16TB.
If you request a preload drive and decide to keep the drive (or forget to return the drive within the allowed time frame), we will invoice for you per the rates listed below:
What happens next?
When your preload drive is shipped, you will receive:
1. An email notification with a tracking number
2. A job identification number
3. Instructions for loading your data
Additional information about the preload (seed) drive process