What is happening?
Axcient's x360Recover release 12.x includes an operating system upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver).
When is this upgrade happening?
We expect that the process of delivering this upgrade will take some time.
- Axcient will be releasing the upgrade in small batches. This is to allow our support team to monitor the upgrade process and to respond to any issues encountered while upgrading devices.
We anticipate this upgrade to gradually progress starting from January 2023 through March 2023. This means it may be some time before your devices are targeted for automatic update.
What if I prefer to upgrade sooner?
Partners who are eager to upgrade their devices right away have three options:
- You can install from the ISO as of December 22 2022
- You can perform a manual OS upgrade after 12.0.0 releases on Feb 20 2023
- You can perform an operating system recovery after December 22 2022
Please review the notes below on each option for full details:
OPTION# 1. Install from ISO as of December 22 2022
The x360Recover ISO installation image has been updated to the 12.0.0 release. Newly installed systems will be deployed natively on the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS release.
OPTION# 2. Perform a manual OS upgrade after we release 12.0.0 on January 10, 2023
A manual command-line option is available to individually perform the software upgrade on each x360Recover device.
Note: You can only upgrade by one major release version at a time. If your unit is running 10.x.x. then you must first upgrade to 11.0.0, then repeat the process to upgrade to 12.0.0
To perform a manual software update after January 10 2023:
First, the x360Recover application update will be installed. This part of the upgrade normally takes 20-30 minutes to complete and will reboot the device.
Then, after the device has been updated to version 12.0.0 (or later), the Ubuntu OS upgrade will commence after the reboot. The OS upgrade may take 3-4 hours to complete depending on the underlying system performance. The system may reboot one or more times during the OS upgrade.
X360Recover services will be disabled during the upgrade. Backups and replication will not occur. You may monitor the OS upgrade progress from the device Web UI.
OPTION #3: Perform an OS recovery after December 22, 2022
If something has gone wrong with the upgrade (either during the automatic upgrade cycle or during a manual software upgrade), you can perform an OS upgrade.
The OS upgrade process involves (a) reloading the operating system volume of the device from ISO image and then (b) performing a recovery operation to restore the original identity and data from the previous installation.
Note: You CANNOT perform an OS recovery on any single disk / Nano-style deployment of x360Recover. This is because installation from ISO wipes all data from the first disk in the system and reinstalls the operating system. Any data on a single-disk deployment will be destroyed. OS recover relies on the data being stored separately from the OS disk in the system
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance