The following article will detail the steps necessary to completely remove an existing Direct-to-Cloud endpoint from your account.
Completely removing a protected system license from your account can be a moderately complex task, depending on your licensing and backup configuration setting
Steps to remove a Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) endpoint from billing
Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) is billed strictly on a per-usage basis.
To delete a D2C endpoint and remove it from billing, perform the following steps:
Uninstall the agent software
1. From the protected system, uninstall the agent.
- Open Control Panel -> Programs and Features on the protected system
- Locate the agent and select to uninstall
Delete the protected system
2. From the vault, delete the protected system
- Login to the vault and navigate to the Protected Systems page from the left menu
- Search or browse the list to locate the endpoint to be removed
- Click the trashcan icon on the right side and confirm that you wish to delete this endpoint
- Verify that the protected system has been removed from the list
Delete the customer in the License Portal
3. To remove an entire customer completely, you must delete that customer in the License Portal at licensing.replibit.com .
- From the left pane of the License Portal, select User Management and click Users.
- Search for or locate your customer, select the checkbox and click Delete.
Deleting a customer is permanent and cannot be undone.
Deleting a customer will disable all licensing for the selected customer and backups will be prohibited on any remaining appliances still operational in the field.
- When you choose to delete a user, you must also delete the endpoints. End points are not automatically deleted if you choose to delete the user first.
Important: If protected system data still exists on an Axcient hosted vault, disabling licensing here will convert the protected system into a cloud-only instance. You will still incur billing for these cloud-only protected systems at your bundled license rate.
Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) endpoint billing
Billing rates vary for Direct-to-Cloud endpoints, based on whether the system is a workstation or server, and whether the endpoint is located on an Axcient-hosted vault or on a self-hosted vault.
- Direct-to-Cloud endpoints come bundled with unlimited cloud storage.
- Direct to-Cloud endpoints do not contribute to your storage pool allotment and they do not incur billing overages for storage consumption.
DO NOT ASSIGN LICENSES IN THE LICENSE PORTAL for Direct-to-Cloud endpoints. Assigning licensing for Direct-to-Cloud devices will result in double billing.
For a complete discussion of all x360Recover billing options, please see the x360Recover - Billing overview.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for status updates and scheduled maintenance.
541 | 1036