Overview: Archive mailbox protection
Using x360Cloud, our partners are now able to protect primary mailboxes for their clients and ensure that emails are backed up in the archive mailboxes, too. Archived emails which have been backed up can be restored into a regular mailbox of a specified end user in the same way as regular emails.
"Archiving in Microsoft 365 (also called in-place archiving) provides users with additional mailbox storage space. After you turn on archive mailboxes, users can access and store messages in their archive mailboxes by using Microsoft Outlook and Outlook on the web. Users can also move or copy messages between their primary mailbox and their archive mailbox." [Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/enable-archive-mailboxes ]
STEP 1. To start protecting archive mailboxes for Microsoft 365 end user accounts from within your existing organization, navigate to the organization’s Settings page.
Set the Archive mailbox toggle to ON:
STEP 2. Navigate to the Archive Mailboxes tab on the organization’s Account page.
Under Protection Status, set the toggle to on for those end user accounts whose archive mailboxes you want to start protecting:
Toggling on protection for these accounts will enable backup of emails stored in their archive mailboxes.
Note: The latest backup status of archived mailboxes is also shown on this page.
Important: At this stage, archive mailboxes selected for protection will not impact SLA status of an organization. This means that the absence of a successful backup for an archive mailbox within 24 hours will not impact organization-level backup status and will not trigger a "Some organizations require your attention” email notification.
The latest backup status for protected archive mailboxes is available on the Accounts page.
To see extended backup reports (and backup progress for your protected archive mailboxes), navigate to the Reports page under your organization and switch to the Archive mailboxes tab:
1. To find a backed up archive mailbox email, perform a keyword search, just as you would when searching for regular email:
2. Use the Smart Search filters to narrow results to emails of an individual end user account.
3. Use Filter by collection to find archive mailbox emails located in a specific folder.
- You can also search for x360Cloud archive emails (as well a regular emails) using the following fields:
Search syntax examples:
Find an email subject containing the word 'application':
Syntax: subject: application
Find an email sent by email@example.com
Syntax: from: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. After you have located the desired emails, select them and launch restoration by clicking the Restore selected button:
1. To restore an entire archive mailbox for a specific end user account, navigate to the Accounts page, and select the desired user account on the Microsoft 365 users tab.
2. Then, in the side bar on the right, click the Restore user button:
3. When the Restore User window opens, complete all needed fields and then check the Restore Microsoft 365 Archive Mailbox checkbox:
4. Finally, click the Restore button.
The restoration status can be monitored in the Recent Activity section on the organization’s Dashboard page.
When restoration is initiated, archive mailbox emails will be restored to the regular mailbox of the specified target user account using the following path:
<user-specified restore folder>/<Archive Mailbox>/
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance
756 | 780