USB devices are not detected by virtual appliance or vault running under VMware
- USB device is USB3 connected to an ESX host that supports USB3 devices
- USB device does not show up in the GUI, is not mounted in /media and does not appear as a device in /dev
ESX passes the device to the virtual machine as a native USB3 device. The standard eHCI/aHCI USB Controller cannot access this device.
- Shut down the virtual appliance or vault and edit the machine settings.
- Remove the standard USB controller device and save the settings.
- Edit the machine again and add a new USB Controller device.
- Select xHCI mode to enable support for USB3 devices.
- Reboot the virtual machine and wait for x360Recover to fully load.
- Attach the USB3 disk via ESX USB pass-through and the disk should now mount normally.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.