December 3, 2020
x360Recover 10.5.0 is a maintenance release. The primary focus of this release is to provide several backend improvements and bug fixes to resolve operational issues and reduce support escalations.
Summary of new features and enhancements
- Direct-to-Cloud reporting in the Global Management Portal (GMP)
- Intermittent volume handling
- Support for UAS USB devices
Summary of bug fixes
- Fixed issues with broken iSCSI exports when no bootable volume was present for the system
- Agent monitoring for Direct-to-Cloud protected systems is now working
- Missed Backup Alerts for Direct-to-Cloud protected systems is now working
- Successful Backup Alerts for Direct-to-Cloud protected systems is now working
- Fixed issues with reporting replication status to the Global Management Portal (GMP) if any vault is unavailable
- Fixed issue with agent 2.25 and earlier logging errors with appliance 10.4.0 and higher
- Fixed bug in Billing Class reporting when both Axcient-hosted and self-hosted vaults are assigned
- Fixed backend issue that can cause OS recovery data backups to fail
- Fixed ‘Analysis Tool jobs for Direct-to-Cloud endpoints cannot be deleted from the Vault’
- Fixed ‘Incomplete Analysis Tool jobs for Direct-to-Cloud endpoints shown as Completed’
- Fixed incorrect Analysis Tool ticket number validation
- Fixed UI error when displaying disk usage on self-hosted vaults when no snapshots are present
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
Direct-to-Cloud reporting in the Global Management Portal (GMP)
This release contains support for Direct-to-Cloud monitoring in the Global Management Portal (GMP).
Previous release (10.4.0) contained an enhancement to the report engine to enumerate protected systems that exist only on a vault (cloud-only endpoints.) See How to audit license use.
Release 10.5.0 enhances that functionality with extended protected system information, including the latest snapshot and operating system identification.
In addition, Direct-to-Cloud endpoints are now identified and broken out into a separate category of the report. Direct-to-Cloud endpoints are monitored and scored for health status based on their most recent backup timestamp. Unhealthy systems will now appear on the Trouble Report.
Intermittent volume handling
10.5.0 contains a backend improvement to the way the system handles protected system volumes which are only present intermittently.
This happens in the case of removable media being targeted for backup, or with network-attached volumes (like iSCSI devices) which may not be connected immediately upon system startup, etc.
Previously, when the agent updated the appliance to indicate a volume was no longer present, the appliance would delete the volume from the backup set. When the volume was later restored, a new full backup of the volume would occur, duplicating data storage on the appliance.
With 10.5.0 and newer versions, such volumes will now be preserved by moving them into a subfolder within the dataset and later returning them when they come back online.
- Backups taken while a volume is offline will not contain that volume in the recovery set.
- Subsequent backups taken when the volume returns will no longer cause duplication of data and will no longer consume storage on the appliance.
A future release will add the functionality to purge missing volume data after some time and present such volumes in the UI for manual deletion.
Support for UAS USB devices
This release contains an enhancement to automatically recognize and mount UAS type USB devices for use when seeding or migrating systems over USB.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.