We recognize it is challenging to select or deselect accounts for backup when organizations may have hundreds (or thousands) of user accounts, sites, or shared drives.
To improve this process, we've refined the list sorting tools and added new ways for you to select or deselect multiple accounts for protection.
For example, if you want to deselect multiple accounts based on license availability in the source system:
1. Sort a list of accounts by license status:
2. Consider increasing the number of entries displayed on this page, in case you want to change protection for multiple accounts.
3. Select all the accounts on the page with a single click by checking the Select all on the page checkbox:
If you prefer, you can also select or deselect individual accounts as needed, navigate to the next page and then select individual desired accounts on that page in the same way, and so forth.
5. After the desired accounts are specified, you can apply an action.
In our example we want to deselect accounts from protection, so we choose Deselect for protection from the actions menu:
Note: The actions chosen here do not take into account any previously configured current protection state of the selected accounts. These settings just ensure that this target protection state is set.
6. Review the chosen action and click Confirm when it is correct::
7. The system will show a notification when the desired action is applied.
Note: The same bulk action approach can be applied to a filtered list of accounts, e.g. a list of accounts based on account name patterns:
If the desired accounts are spread over multiple pages, click Select all (all pages) to specify multiple accounts to be selection or deselected for protection with a single click: