x360Recover Agent Release Information
Targeted release starting October 5 2021
x360Recover Agent 2.30 is a feature release.
The primary focus of this release is to provide support for the agent orchestration feature introduced in x360Recxover 10.10.0 release.
Summary of enhancements
- Support for agent orchestration
- Automatically excludes unsupported and nested VSS volumes from backup
- Automatically excludes Windows container base image volumes from backup by default
- Agent reports excluded and unselected volumes to appliance
- Agent is now large address space aware, to enable larger volume support for local cache
- Enhanced retry logic when writing to local cache
Summary of bug fixes
- Backup will no longer fail if backup GPT table entry is corrupt
- Enhanced Keep Alive logic for Direct-to-Cloud conditions
- Fixed edge case with corrupted local cache on some NAS storage if volume is nearly full
- Fixed resuming connection to local cache device if network interruption occurs
- Fixed bug with agent unable to reconnect to local cache if network is interrupted
Core agent settings can now be configured and managed from the appliance (or from the vault for Direct-to-Cloud endpoints.)
In addition to key throttling parameter management via policy-based backups (introduced in version 10.8.0), Agent 2.30 supports management of other essential configuration parameters from the appliance/vault UI in version 10.10.0.
Additional details on how to manage core settings with agent orchestration are here
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
This will ensure that your x360Recover devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the x360Recover Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248