The Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) Site-to-Site VPN feature allows you to establish IPSec VPN tunnels from the Virtual Office in the Axcient Cloud to any standard compliant IKEv2 IPSec VPN gateway on your local network. Specially, you can use this feature during a site disaster to:
- Recreate the network in an organization with two or more sites linked together in a corporate network
- Temporarily replace a connection while a machine room is rebuilt after a disaster
NOTE: IPSEC Site-to-Site VPN is not recommended in a test environment.
To set up an IPSec Site-to-Site VPN connection, you must turn on the feature in your Virtual Office and also configure settings on your gateway.
1. Enable the Port Forwarding feature according to the instructions listed in the Port Forwarding section.
2. After Port Forwarding settings have been configured, navigate to the Site-to-Site IPSec VPN section and click the Edit button.
You can configure the following options:
- Click the S2S IPSec option to enable Site-to-Site IPSec VPN settings.
- In the Site Public IP field, enter the public IP address of the remote machine or hardware with IPSec software (for example, Cisco ASA).
- In the Site Local Subnets section, enter the remote subnets and associated netmasks for sharing with the Virtual Office subnets. Please note that these subnets do not need to intersect with the Virtual Office subnets.
Click Save when you are finished.
You can connect with any standard compliant IKEv2 IPSec VPN gateway.