Flexible billing model
x360Recover has a flexible billing model, providing several licensing possibilities:
How does billing work for appliance-based licenses?
This article pertains exclusively to appliance-based licensing.
The endpoint licensing model allows you to assign licenses on a per-device basis.
- Endpoint licensing classifies devices as either servers or workstations with different price points for each.
- The designation of server or workstation is based on the actual operating system installed on the endpoint, and is not based on the purpose of each device.
- Endpoint licenses are applied to a customer location within the License Portal. You can add or remove Endpoint licenses to a customer location at any time.
- Endpoint licenses are not prorated. Endpoint licenses assigned at any point within a calendar month will incur billing for the entire month.
The storage licensing model allows you to backup an unlimited number of devices to a single customer appliance, up to a specified total storage limit.
For example a 1TB storage license would let you back up any number of protected system until the total backup data stored on the appliance reaches 1TB, at which point further backups would be prohibited.
- Only a single storage license can be assigned to a customer location at any time.
- You may remove a storage license and replace it with another storage license of different size at any time.
- Storage licenses are prorated based on the number of days within the month for which they are assigned. Storage licenses come in either 3 year or 10 year versions, which determines the Cloud storage retention time frame.
Cloud storage for protected systems is billed per GB for any storage amount in excess of your cloud storage pool limit. Depending on your contract with Axcient, you may have a storage pool allowance, or you may have an unlimited cloud storage account.
If you do not have an unlimited storage account, when deploying endpoint licenses, for each server license allocated you receive 2TB of cloud storage allowance, and for each workstation license allocated you receive 250GB of cloud storage allowance. This allowance is cumulative and pooled across all your customers protected systems licensed via endpoint licensing.
Protected systems licensed via storage licensing have unlimited cloud storage and are not subject to cloud storage billing. They neither contribute to your storage pool allowance nor do they incur billing for cloud storage usage. Protected systems licensed via storage licensing have a fixed retention policy on the cloud vault, providing either three (3) years or ten (10) years of total retention in the cloud, depending on which storage license type you selected.
x360Recover licensing allows for the possibility of self-hosted cloud storage.
Partners may choose to deploy cloud vaults into their own data center, separate from the Axcient Cloud and manage their own cloud storage.
- Protected systems licensed using endpoint licensing that either do not replicate to any cloud vault or replicate only to self-hosted vaults are considered self-hosted endpoints and are billed at the discounted self-hosted rate.
- Protected systems licensed using endpoint licensing that are replicated to an Axcient Cloud vault (regardless of whether they are ALSO replicated to a self-hosted vault) are considered bundled endpoints and are billed at the bundled rate.
Any protected system which exists on an Axcient cloud vault without a corresponding protected system on a customer appliance is considered a cloud-only protected system.
Cloud-only instances happen when a partner deletes a protected system from the customer appliance and either deliberately or accidentally fails to delete the protected system data from the cloud vault.
Cloud-only protected systems are billed at your cloud-only contract rate.
You may freely change license models on any client location at any time.
To change from endpoint licensing to storage licensing (or vice versa):
Note that some amount of double-billing will occur when switching license models, as endpoint licenses will be billed for the entire month, and storage license will be prorated based on the day of the month at which the change occurs.