Finding the aristos.cfg File
The aristos config file is located in one of the following two locations (if the agent was installed in the default location):
32-bit Systems: C:\Program Files\Replibit\aristos.cfg
64-bit Systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\Replibit\aristos.cfg
Before modifying aristos.cfg, make sure you stop and disable the service or the file will be write protected.
The default configuration is shown below:
Modifying Volumes to Backup
The BACKUP_VOLUMES= line of the config file is an inclusion list. By default, the list will be blank, prompting a backup of all detected NTFS volumes. To set your inclusion list, specify the volumes you would want to back up, separated with commas. Please see the below image for an example:
Modifying the Number of Worker Threads
The number of worker threads per processor core is set to 4.
In some cases, you may need to reduce that number by manually specifying the number of threads. To modify the number of worker threads:
- Stop the service
- Open the aristos.cfg file with notepad
- Add the line NUM_WORKERS=X where X is the number of threads
- Save the file
- Start the x360Recoverservice
Enable/Disable Fast Delta
Fast Delta is a new, proprietary block change detection algorithm that dramatically improves the backup performance of large database applications like Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL.
Enabling Fast Delta can reduce backup times from hours to minutes for larger Exchange and SQL deployments. Because the agent no longer has to scan entire database files to find blocks that have changed since the last backup, it is now able to quickly determine only the changed blocks within the database since the last backup.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.