The components of x360Recover are:
- x360Recover agent
- x360Recover appliance
- x360Recover vault
Global Management Portal (GMP)
1. The x360Recover agent
x360Recover is an agent-based backup and disaster recovery solution.
- Agent software must be installed on each system to be protected.
- Backups of protected systems are image-based.
- You will deploy the agent software on systems to be protected.
- Windows workstations and servers are supported platforms.
- You can install, and uninstall agent software without the need to reboot your target device, reducing the impact to the customer’s environment.
2. The x360Recover appliance
The term appliance within x360Recover refers to the hardware appliance deployed to the customer site. The appliance is where backup data will reside, and virtualization for instant recovery will be performed.
x360Recover is based on a hardened-Linux based software appliance that may
- be deployed using your own hardware, or
- be delivered optionally pre-configured
The appliance is the core customer-facing component of the solution. Appliances are either server or workstation-class devices running a hardened Linux distribution, deployed at the customer site on either an Axcient x360Recover BDR unit or on a build-your-device (BYOD) which you provide.
- The appliance device
- holds the backup data received from installed agents,
- manages replication to off-site vaults,
- provides the Web Management interface for the local site, and
- hosts the virtual machine environment for disaster recovery.
3. The x360Recover vault
The vault is the data center component of x360Recover that receives incoming protected system data being replicated from your customer’s sites.
Vaults are designed to be multi-tenant, and provide all the same recovery options in the cloud that the appliance provides to the customer on-site.
- Vaults are server-class devices running a hardened Linux distribution.
- Vaults receive incoming replication of recovery points sent over the internet from appliances deployed at one or more customer locations.
- Vaults are typically deployed in your data center or in a data center provided by Axcient in the Axcient Storage Cloud.
You may choose to deploy a vault at a remote customer location to provide the customer with a managed private cloud backup and disaster recovery solution.
- Vaults are designed to be multi-tenant, and securely house protected system data from multiple customers and locations.
- Vaults can provide all the same restore and disaster recovery options as an appliance, including hosting servers or workstations using an integrated Hypervisor.*
- Vaults can be deployed on an Axcient x360Recover BDR Appliance or on your Build-Your-Own hardware.
- The vault device
- holds multiple customer’s protected system backup data
- receives backup data over the Internet from customer appliances
- provides the Web Management interface for Cloud recovery
- hosts the virtual machine environment for disaster recovery
* Virtualization on the vault is not supported in the Axcient Storage Cloud. Disaster Recovery in the Axcient Storage Cloud utilizes dedicated compute nodes running Microsoft Hyper-V provided by the Axcient Continuity Cloud.
4. The x360Recover Global Management Portal (GMP)
The x360Recover Global Management Portal (GMP) provides centralized administration of all of your deployed appliances and vaults, using a single-pane-of-glass view for all protected systems.
Typically, you will deploy only one GMP, connecting all appliances and vaults to it.
Partners who choose to replicate to the Axcient Cloud receive a GMP virtual machine in the cloud free of charge.
- provides a central management repository, allowing secure remote access, and reporting statistics for all connected x360Recover appliances and vaults, and their protected systems.
- delivers a detailed overview of the health of local-backups and cloud-replication for all devices and supporting system statistics.
- performs a Health Check which provides a global overview of all protected systems in one single pane.
- provides Trouble Check which allows you to view any active issues associated with vaults, appliances, or protected systems in a single dashboard.
- provides detailed reports on active issues for investigation and root-cause analysis.
Storage Management provides a graphical representation of historical storage utilization.
The x360Recover Licensing Portal
Important note: New partners must complete a short training session on how to access and use the Licensing Portal prior to receiving login credentials.
The x360Recover Licensing Portal is the central management point for licensing and hardware orders.
After you place a request to become an Axcient Partner, you'll complete initial onboarding with technical training.
After completing training, you'll be given credentials to access the x360Recover Licensing Portal, which allows you to:
- Set up and manage customer accounts and license assignments
- Place orders for Axcient x360Recover BDR appliances
- Choose between preconfigured or default settings on a new appliance. Appliances can be shipped with optional pre-configuration for your customer deployment, and may also be shipped directly to your customer’s location.
- Create and manage customer accounts with associated site locations
- Assign endpoint-based or storage-based licensing to backup appliances
- Request an Axcient hosted vault to replicate your customer data to the Axcient Cloud. x360Recover includes a license for replication of every protected system to an off-site Vault. You may choose to replicate your customer’s data to the Axcient Storage Cloud or your own data center.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.